School of Thai Healing Arts
Featured technique 04: Thigh foot press with lock
A beautiful move showing the genius of Nuad Bo ruan. This move loosens up the inner and rear thigh, knee and ankle and hips.
How to perform it (as shown):
1. Sit between your clients legs
2. Abduct client's right leg by pushing the inner thigh with your left foot
3. Place your left foot into the knee bend of the client's right leg
4. Place the client's right foot into the bend of your left knee and grasp her heel
5. With your right hand grasp the calf muscles of the clients left leg, just below the knee (not shown)
6. Lean backwards applying a slight traction to both legs
7. Press along the inner thigh of the clients right leg with your foot
8. Press and stretch the hamstring muscles by pusing them with your foot in a anterior superior direction
9. Maintain light traction on both legs as you do this, with your arms straight.
Effect: Stretches and relaxes: Gracilis, adductor group, and hamstring muscles. Opens knee joint, creates a mild traction on the heel, opens ischio femoral and knee joint on clients left side.
Variations: You can rotate your foot for a stronger pressure with the outer edge.
Use gentle pressure. This is a very strong move and requires preparatory work to relax the thigh.
Do not perform if Client has pain in this area, you could make it worse!
Nuad bo Ruan helps in the unblocking of energy in the person, it is not a substitute for medical treatment, if in doubt refer your client to a qualified medical practitioner.
This is for information only, do not attempt to practice this move without prior instruction. Sawa’dee